You're depressed. You dislike your circumstances and want them to change. People without depression have problems changing because they fear it. So, here's a few suggestions:
- Rejoice in having depression. Just because you're depressed doesn't mean your life is over. You have the ability to change it, your mind just works a little differently than some people.
- Decide on a purpose in life. What do you wnat your life to mean? What are you going to do with yourself? You certainly shouldn't be focusing on the depression, that's only a small part of your life.
- Develop a plan. What do you need to do to fulfill your life's purpose? Write out a list and begin to figure out how to do it.
- Take it at your own pace. Move at the speed that's right for you. Don't spin your wheels by going too slow.
- Keep moving and taking action. Any small step is a step in the right direction. Don't allow yourself to wallow.
- Tell yourself how well you're doing. Better yet, keep a list of what you've accomplished. And take great pride in what you get done and how big your list starts to get.